Septic Care TipsThese are some items that do not break down in your system and have been known to clog drains:
- Coffee grounds
- Paper Towels
- Disposable diapers or wipes
- Cooking grease
- Personal hygiene products
- Chemical paints
- avoid driving over your tank or system
- avoid planting trees near your system because of roots breaking and clogging pipes
- keep your mounds mowed, allowing the sun to assist in evaporation
Filter Care TipsSince 2000 all septic systems include filters in the tanks. It is important to keep the filters properly maintained on a regular basis. Upon request we can supply this service for you or you, as a home owner, can do this by these few simple steps:
1.Remove cover of septic.
2.Carefully lift filter out of basket over the septic tank.
3.Turn filter on its side and empty out as much debris as possible.
4.Spray filter off with hose using medium water pressure.
5.Carefully place back in basket and replace lid to septic.